Are you ready to give an adorable dog or cat a furever home and family? Join the Oakland County Animal Shelter this Saturday, May 5th for the BISSELL Empty the Shelter Adoption Event sponsored by BISSELL Pet Foundation. This event will take place at the shelter at 1200 N. Telegraph Road, building 42E, in Pontiac from 10 a.m. through 4 p.m. All pet adoptions are FREE to qualified adopters (license fee required).
If you’re looking to adopt a rescue dog specifically, Do Only Good Animal Rescue will be on site for all rescue only adoptions. Please contact Do Only Good Animal Rescue prior to the event for details on how to adopt through them.
- For all adoptable dogs and cats, you will be required to fill out an adoption application. Click here to print out an application to bring with you on the day of the event. Applications will also be available on the day of the event.
- If you are a renter, it is requested that you bring proof of landlord approval the day of event.
- If you are considering adopting and have other dogs in your home, it is requested that you bring them with you (on a leash and left either in your car or outside on a leash until you do the meet and greet with any dog you are considering adopting). All meet and greets must have an adult present to supervise.
- A number system will be used for this event and will be passed out at the door. Visitors will be allowed to enter in small groups in intervals so that the animals are not overstimulated.
- All participating organizations will be adhering to their standard adoption requirements for the event. Adopters are encouraged to review those requirements prior to May 5th.
- All dog adopters must have a current dog license for every dog that they own.
In addition to meeting – and hopefully adopting – adorable dogs and cats, you’ll get a chance to shop from over 20 local vendors. They’ll be on site selling crafts, artwork, cards, dog/cat related items, and much more.
With the adoption fee covered, please consider giving a tax-deductible donation to the Oakland County Animal Shelter and Pet Adoption Center. They have a special fund set up for medical needs and/or improvements for the shelter. You can even make your donation online.
Check out Oakland County’s new shelter in this video tour before your visit!
About BISSELL Pet Foundation
Millions of pets are in shelters and rescues across the nation. BISSELL Pet Foundation is committed to ending pet homelessness and finding a loving home for every pet. Since 2016, 9,394 pets have been adopted and 18,788 pets’ lives have been saved through Empty the Shelters. Learn more about BISSELL Pet Foundation on their website and follow along with them on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
We hope to see you this Saturday, May 5th at the Oakland County Animal Shelter and Pet Adoption Center! Let’s Empty the Shelter and give our shelter pets loving, forever homes!