The newly selected Elite 40 Under 40 Class of 2017 came together for the first time at a special reception at the 2017 State of the County on February 8th, 2017. The class was then recognized in Oakland County Executive L. Brooks Patterson’s Address.
“I am continually amazed at the caliber of young leaders we have,” County Executive L. Brooks Patterson said. “We think the whole class is superb and the top three are outstanding. The future of our county is very bright and the region is in good hands.”
The class of 40 was selected from nearly 400 applications. Nominations were reviewed by a panel of judges, looking for the top young professionals and thought leaders who live or work in Oakland County. The 40 honorees have achieved excellence in their field and contributed to the quality of life in their communities.
The members of the 2017 Oakland County Executive’s Elite 40 Under 40 class are:
- Hallie Armstrong, 36, Senior Naturopathic Doctor, Beaumont Health
- Matthew Baumgarten, 32, Berkley City Manager
- Andrea Carollo, 37, Realtor, Max Broock Realtors
- Richard J. Chalmers, 36, Director of Family Medicine Residency, McLaren Macomb Hospital
- Alicia Chandler, 37, General Counsel – Continuing Care, Trinity Health
- Nathan Clinton-Barnett, 32, Vice President of Clinical Services, Safe Balance LLC
- Alex Delavan, 34, Director of Sponsored Programs, Oakland University
- David DeLind, 30, Principal Marketing Specialist, DTE Energy
- Derek Dickow, 37, Founder, Steward Media
- Matt Einheuser, 31, Watershed Ecologist, Clinton River Watershed Council
- Joanne Forbes, 34, Department Chair of Art, Design/Humanities, Oakland Community College
- Sean Forbes, 34, Co-Founder, DPAN.TV The Sign Language Channel
- Kristin Griffith, 30, 2nd Grade Teacher & Elementary Technology Educator, Auburn Hills Christian School
- Anthony Grupido, 21, CEO, Handsleight LLC
- Sherikia Hawkins, 35, City Clerk, City of Pontiac
- Michael Hohf, 31, Sr. Vice President & Financial Advisor, Advance Capital Management
- Adam Jahnke, 33, Principal and Co-Founder, Vault Equity Partners
- Yasser Khan, 37, Executive Vice President & Chief Sales Officer, IBM Miraclesoft
- Jessica Knapik, 38, Program Analyst, Walsh College
- Anjan Kumar, 38, Assistant Director of Medical ICU, Pulmonary & Critical Care Associates – St. John Hospital & Medical Center
- Andrew Kurecka, 29, Manager of Outcomes Research, MedNetOne Health Solutions
- Samantha Mariuz, 25, Director of Authorities, City of Auburn Hills
- Sam Marzban, 34, Detective Sergeant, Oakland County Sheriff’s Office
- Tylar Masters, 37, President, Tylar & Company
- Dustin McClellan, 26, Pontiac Director, The Power Company Kids Club
- Maureen McGinnis, 38, Judge, 52-4 District Court
- Shaun Moore, 38, Director of e-Learning, Oakland University
- Tany Nagy, 37, Owner, Pulse Design Studio
- Jeena Patel, 36, Partner, Warner Norcross & Judd LLP
- Emily Paula, 26, Human Resources Business Partner, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
- Katya Pruett, 37, Manager Public Relations and Communications, BorgWarner Inc.
- Katheryn Rohrhoff, 34, Staff Nurse, Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
- Carrie Schochet, 37, CEO/Founder, Purple Squirrel Advisors
- Pratheep Sevanthinathan, 36, Owner, Seva Law Firm
- Kayla Smith, Executive Director, 26, Hazel Park Promise Zone Authority
- David Tessler, 34, VP & Co-Owner, Rain Marketing Inc.
- Leyanna Torres, 32, Principal Product Engineer NAOSS Packaging Manager, ZF TRW
- Kathryn Tuck, 37, Director of Foundation Giving, Leader Dogs for the Blind
- Brooke Wilson Vitale, 29, Owner, Love & Buttercream LLC
- Danielle Zuccaro, 34, Director Human Resources, Common Ground
During the Elite 40 reception, the class had the opportunity to mingle with one another and meet with L. Brooks Patterson and other Oakland County officials. The room buzzed with excitement as members networked and discussed their passions, achievements, and Oakland County.
Oakland County Executive L. Brooks Patterson started the Elite 40 Under 40 program in 2012 to honor young professionals and thought leaders who excel in their field and have demonstrated dynamic leadership.
In addition to the State of the County Elite 40 Reception and Recognition, members of the class will receive a number of prestigious opportunities throughout the year. Congratulations to the entire Oakland County Executive’s 2017 Elite 40 Under 40 class!