Looking for a place to spend a day on the greens, chipping, putting, and traveling across a beautiful golf course? You’re in luck because five Oakland County Parks maintain splendid golf courses. Whether you’re interested in the Arthur Hills-designed course of Lyon Oaks, a women’s league, beginner lessons, or a fast nine-holes at Red Oaks, Oakland County Parks has something to offer golfers of all ages and experience levels.
It’s quiet. The whip of the golf club is sharp.
If that quick sound gets you swinging, you don’t need us to tell you that it’s golf season.
With nearly 6,700 acres of natural landscape, Oakland County Parks and Recreation offers many ways for residents to get outside and play, along with swimming, camping, hiking boating, picnicking and dog parks, are golf courses.
Home to five award-winning golf courses, Oakland County Parks and Recreation offers public access to:
- Glen Oaks Golf Course, an 18-hole, par 70 course, located in Farmington Hills
- Lyon Oaks Golf Course, a premiere 18-hole Arthur Hills- designed course, located in Wixom
- Red Oaks Golf Course, a 9-hole, par 31 executive course designed by Jerry Matthews, located in Madison Heights
- Springfield Oaks Golf Course, an 18-hole, par 71 course (one of Michigan’s most popular and challenging), located in Davisburg
- White Lake Oaks Golf Course, an 18-hole, par 70 course, located in none other than, White Lake
Typically, a day out on the golf course starts in the morning – sunshine, a cool breeze, and a full afternoon ahead of you. But have you ever hit the greens at night?
Oakland County Parks & Recreation is hosting a night time disc golf event, aptly called Glow in One. Glow in the dark disc golfing will be taking place on Friday, August 15th and Saturday, August 16th at the Red Oaks Golf Course – and is sure to be a glowing good time!