It’s quiet. The whip of the golf club is sharp.
If that quick sound gets you swinging, you don’t need us to tell you that it’s golf season.
With nearly 6,700 acres of natural landscape, Oakland County Parks and Recreation offers many ways for residents to get outside and play, along with swimming, camping, hiking boating, picnicking and dog parks, are golf courses.
Home to five award-winning golf courses, Oakland County Parks and Recreation offers public access to:
- Glen Oaks Golf Course, an 18-hole, par 70 course, located in Farmington Hills
- Lyon Oaks Golf Course, a premiere 18-hole Arthur Hills- designed course, located in Wixom
- Red Oaks Golf Course, a 9-hole, par 31 executive course designed by Jerry Matthews, located in Madison Heights
- Springfield Oaks Golf Course, an 18-hole, par 71 course (one of Michigan’s most popular and challenging), located in Davisburg
- White Lake Oaks Golf Course, an 18-hole, par 70 course, located in none other than, White Lake
Whether you are looking to play 9-holes or 18, Oakland County Parks provides options at varying levels of difficulty. Join a league, perfect your game with a lesson or sign up for a special event. There are golfing options for everyone – youth, adults and individuals with disabilities, as adaptive equipment is available.
Take to the green this summer and give it your best Oakland County swing.