Oakland County Parks (OCP) provides a team-oriented, outdoor work environment with flexible, part-time schedules and many other great benefits. Whether you are looking to take the first step or the next step in your career – or even just looking for a summer gig – OCP is a great place to start. Your adventure awaits!
For a full listing of career opportunities at OCP, click here.
Benefits of Working at OCP
- Team-oriented, outdoor work environment
- Flexible schedules
- Trainings to build confidence and competence
- A free OCP annual vehicle permit
- 12 passes to enjoy OCP park features (waterpark visits, golf, camping and more)
- OCP swag (uniform, hat and shirt)
- Seasonal employees can earn up to $500 in bonus pay
Have Fun Here, Make an Impact Here, Belong Here
Lifeguard | $16.12/hour
You can help with the important – and potentially life-saving – work of ensuring a safe swimming environment at Red Oaks Water Park in Madison Heights and/or Waterford Oaks Wave Pool in Waterford. Employment is contingent upon passing the International Lifeguard Training Program. Oakland County provides FREE training, a certification exam and all uniform pieces. Plus, new lifeguards can earn up to $1,300 in bonus pay in 2023. Click here for more information or to apply to become a lifeguard!
Recreation Program Leader | $16.12/hour
Recreation program leaders help to plan and implement special events, campground activities and mobile recreation. This includes the transportation, set-up, maintenance, and supervision of inflatables, climbing towers, and retro games. Click here for more information or to apply to become a recreation program leader!
Golf Course Worker | $14.62/hour
Get your daily dose of iron and spend your summer on a beautiful OCP golf course at Glen Oaks in Farmington Hills, Lyon Oaks in Wixom, Red Oaks in Madison Heights, Springfield Oaks in Davisburg, or White Lake Oaks in White Lake. If you are a golfer or just like spending time on the course, this might be the role for you. There are two types of golf course positions:
- Pro Shop: You will have the opportunity to serve customers, assist with sales and inventory, and help keep the pro shop in tip top shape. Duties also include processing transactions, renting golf carts, lockers and other equipment, scheduling tee times and more.
- Groundskeeping: Groundskeeping staff perform golf course mowing, bunker maintenance, trash removal, tree maintenance and custodial services.
Click here for more information or to apply to become a golf course worker!
Campground Worker | $14.62/hour
- Contact Station: Contact Station staff interact with customers at the point of sale, greet and host visitors, take reservations, coordinate park entry, and complete cash transactions.
- Maintenance: Maintenance staff perform groundskeeping duties, including mowing, trash removal, tree maintenance, and custodial duties.
Click here for more information or to apply to become a campground worker!
Park Worker/Helper | $14.62/hour
Park Workers/Helpers perform routine, manual and/or clerical customer service duties, assisting higher level staff involved in the general maintenance and operations of the county park facilities, including:
- Dog parks
- Golf courses
- Waterpark or wave pool
- Pavilions and rental facilities
Click here for more information or to apply to become a park worker/helper!
Park Attendant | $13.26/hour
Summer employees of this entry-level role have direct interaction with customers at the point of sale, greet and act as hosts to visitors, take reservations, coordinate park entry, and complete cash transactions. They answer questions, give directions, explain facilities, and assist higher level staff involved in the general maintenance and operations of the county park facilities. Depending on the work assignment, they may assist in the operation of the:
- Contact station at a campground, day use or dog park facility
- Food concessions
- Nature center
- Pro shop of a golf course
- Waterpark or wave pool
- Mobile recreation units
Click here for more information or to apply to become a park attendant!
I Got My Start at Parks
Hear from some former Parks employees who have gone on to a range of different careers:
- Skye Donaldson, intelligence analyst with the U.S. Army
- Bill LeAnnais, recruiter at Google
Oakland County offers residents quality, affordable housing in welcoming neighborhoods with access to parks and recreation, public transportation, and healthy food as part of the Livable Neighborhoods goal in our five-year road map. Follow the Oakland County Executive Office on Facebook and Twitter for updates and visit our dashboard to see the progress being made to ensure Oakland County is All Ways, Moving Forward.