Three free document shredding and electronic recycling events are scheduled for Oakland County residents this year throughout the county.
- Wednesday, April 20 from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Oakland County Farmers Market, 2350 Pontiac Lake Road, Waterford.
- Monday, Aug. 15 from 9 to 11 a.m. at Catalpa Oaks County Park, 27705 Greenfield Road, Southfield.
- Wednesday, Oct. 5 from 3 to 5 p.m. at Red Oaks Waterpark, 1455 E. Thirteen Mile Road, Madison Heights.
Confidential and personal documents will be shred on site by Rapid Shred’s state-of-the-art, high volume shredding truck. A new addition to the events this year is electronic recycling, provided by High Tech Recycling.
The Rapid Shred and High Tech Recycling trucks will be in the parking lot of each location. Please arrive early, as there is typically a line of cars, but the line moves quickly. Residents are reminded to limit documents to three or four boxes of paper only for the shredding truck.
Electronic recycling includes:
- Computers and servers
- Laptops and tablets
- Computer monitors (LCD Only)
- Printers and fax machines
- Toner cartridges
- Switches and routers
- Computer cords and cables
- Docking stations
- Keyboards and mice
- Electronic toys/electric cables/holiday lights
- Battery backups
- Computer Parts
- Phones and phone systems
- Cellular phones and accessories
- Digital cameras
- Cable/Satellite boxes, modems
- DVD and VCR players
- Household appliances
- Game consoles
- LCD, LED, and Plasma TVs
- Rechargeable batteries
- Portable MP3 players
Items that are not accepted:
- Tube televisions or monitors
- Wood cabinet rear projection TV
- Light bulbs
- Wood cabinet speakers
- Alkaline or nickel-cadmium batteries
For questions about specific electronic devices that are accepted or not, call High Tech Recycling at 248-975-7206. These events are not for commercial customers.
Document shredding allows you to protect your identity and peace of mind. Recycling electronic waste saves space in landfills and prevents environmental pollution caused by toxins. Many Oakland County cities, villages, and townships are hosting Earth Day events to help ensure a safe, healthy, and clean environment. Check out our list of Earth Day observances and participate in an event near you.
Follow along with Oakland County on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube using #OaklandCounty, or visit our website for news and events year-round.
4 thoughts on “Free Document Shredding and Electronics Recycling for Oakland County Residents”
Is there going to be any shredding events in 2023?
Hi, Ronald! Details will be available soon. Follow our social media accounts for updates. Thanks!
Is there paper shredding events this year -2023 at the Oakland Farmer’s Market ?f
Don’t see on line….would like to know,
Hello! Details will be available soon. Follow our social media accounts for updates. Thank you.