The newly selected Elite 40 Under 40 Class of 2018 came together for the first time at a special reception prior to the 2018 State of the County address on February 7th, 2018 at the Flagstar Strand Theatre in Pontiac. The class was then recognized in Oakland County Executive L. Brooks Patterson’s address.
“These are all outstanding young men and women who, frankly, give me confidence that the future of Oakland County is in good hands.”
During the Elite 40 reception, the class had the opportunity to get to know one another and mingle with L. Brooks Patterson and other Oakland County officials. The room buzzed with excitement as members networked and discussed their passions, achievements, and the future of Oakland County.
This year’s class of 40 was selected from nearly 400 applications. Nominations were reviewed by a panel of judges, looking for the top young professionals and thought leaders who live or work in Oakland County. The 40 honorees have achieved excellence in their field and contributed to the quality of life in their communities.
- Katie Albano, 24, Artist, Dutton Farm Employment Program
- Alexander A. Ayar, 36, Attorney, McDonald Hopkins
- Ryan G. Beale, 38, CEO/Founder, Therapy Live
- Janelle Kristen Best, 29, Executive Director, Clarkston Area Chamber of Commerce
- Cheryl Boodram, 36, Marketing and Development Manager, Chief Financial Credit Union
- Sommer K. Brock, 38, Development Director, Cranbrook Schools Horizons-Upward Bound
- Adam Burns, 34, Teacher, Troy Athens High School
- Grace Cai, 38, Founder/Executive Director, Michigan Youth Empowerment Foundation
- Alex A. Calderone, 36, Managing Director, Calderone Advisory Group, LLC
- Dr. Lucetry B. Dalton, 28, Clinical Health Psychology Fellow, McLaren Health Care System
- Aurelia Gooden, 34, Engineer, General Motors Warren Technical Center
- Mat Ishbia, 37, President/CEO, United Shore – United Wholesale Mortgage
- Dr. Carmine Jabri, 37, President/CEO, E.M.M.A. International Consulting Group
- Chris Jackson, 28, Site Coordinator – Community Liaison, Accent Pontiac
- Sam Logan Khaleghi, 34, Creative Director, Kyyba Films & SLK Media Group
- Ann Marie LaFlamme, 30, News Anchor, WXYZ-TV
- Claire Lannoye-Hall, 34, Curator of Education, Detroit Zoological Society
- Shimon G. Levy, 32, Founding Principal, Northend Capital
- Ky Lindberg, 36, Director – Metro Detroit, Read to a Child Inc.
- Mike Losey, 33, Natural Resources Manager, Springfield Township
- Jennifer Lucarelli, 35, Chair and Associate Professor, Interdisciplinary Health Sciences Oakland University
- Brad Lukas, 33, Director – Emergency Services, Beaumont Health
- Greg Martin, 38, Executive Director, DRAW (Disaster Relief At Work)
- Jennifer Meier, 38, Owner, Green Hippo Gifts
- Kyle Nieporte, 31, Administrative Manager, Surgical Services, St. Joseph Mercy Oakland
- Katherine M. Pacynski, 29, Patent Attorney, The Dobrusin Law Firm, P.C.
- Sarah Pazur, 37, Principal, FlexTech High School
- Randall J. Peck, 34, Partner, Warner Norcross & Judd LLP
- Shantha Kumari Rajendran, 36, Staff Engineer-Systems Lead, Panasonic Automotive
- Scott Reynolds, 26, Project Architect, Auger Klein Aller Architects Inc.
- Aaron Rzeznik, 30, Owner/Head Brewer, Drafting Table Brewing Co.
- Adi Sathi, 27, Director – Asian Pacific American Engagement, Republican National Committee, Chief of Staff, Young Republican National Federation
- Sarah Simko, 24, Organ Scholar, Christ Church Cranbrook
- Sarah G. Thomas, 24, Owner, New Heights Assisted Living
- Tara Tomcsik-Husak, 37, Executive Director, Mosaic Youth Theatre of Detroit
- Dr. Sara Whedon, 33, Owner/Chiropractor, A Place to Grow Chiropratic
- Maria Willett, 26, Chief Assistant to the Mayor, City of Rochester Hills
- Dr. Alexandra Williamson, 35, Owner/Optometrist, Michigan Eye and Contact Lens PLLC
- Robert Wright, 27, Vice President, Genesis In-Home Care
- Coleman Yoakum, 30, Founder/Director, Micah 6 Community
The Elite 40 Under 40 program, now in its seventh year, was created by Oakland County Executive L. Brooks Patterson in 2012 to honor young professionals and thought leaders who excel in their field and have demonstrated dynamic leadership.
In addition to the State of the County Elite 40 Reception and recognition, members of the class will receive a number of prestigious opportunities and invitations throughout the year. Congratulations to the entire Oakland County Executive’s 2018 Elite 40 Under 40 class!