The October 9th submission deadline is fast approaching for the MI Great Artist™ contest . It’s easy to enter online with photos of your work and descriptions of the pieces. The contest is open to any artist living, working, or attending school in: Genesee, Lapeer, Livingston, Macomb, Oakland, St. Clair, Shiawassee, and Wayne Counties.
An initiative of Oakland County Executive L. Brooks Patterson, the contest was created to celebrate the talent and creativity of area artists. Those who enter have a chance to win:
- $3,000 in cash prizes
- Custom framing of 5 artworks
- Exhibition in several venues in Southeast Michigan
- Entrepreneurial training through Oakland County’s One Stop Shop Business Center
- Artwork featured on a poster to promote one of Oakland County’s signature quality of life events
Entries are due by Friday, October 9th at MIGreatArtist.com. Artists will be able to submit up to 5 images and descriptions of their work for public voting. From the top twenty artists, a 5-member jury of arts professionals will select 5 finalists. The MI Great Artist™ winner will be determined by a combination of jury score and public vote.
- Open Entry – 9/17
- Entry Deadline – 10/9
- Public Voting – 10/21-30
- Panel Judging – 11/2-12
- Finalists Announced – 11/13
- Award Reception – 12/8