During September and October, Addison Oaks and Groveland Oaks campgrounds are hosting Halloween festivities for ghosts & goblins of all ages! DJ dances, trick-or-treating, campsite decorating contest, gourd and face painting, hayrides, and tons more fun Fall activities.
Visitors can come during the day or camp for the weekend. Campground rates apply and all additional activities are free.
Spooktacular fun featuring family friendly games and contests. Halloween crafts, trick or treating, Haunted Island, campsite decorating contest, Halloween face painting, a DJ dance and hayrides.
Frightful Fall fun featuring Halloween crafts, haunted house of horror, trick or treating, campsite decorating contest, face painting, team games, inflatables, wagon rides and a costumed DJ dance.
The key to Fall camping is preparation. Make a checklist, include lots of water, warm clothing, and wind protection. While Oakland County has had a warmer than usual start to the season, don’t be uncomfortable due to the cold! If you and your family have never camped in the Fall, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Colder temperatures mean colder rated sleeping bags! Keep you and the family warm with a sleeping bag that is rated for a lower temperature than you’re expecting.
- Plan your trip with the scenery in mind! While trees might be obstructive in the summer, they are a sight to behold in the Fall.
- Bring lots of extra clothing for the unexpected. Extra clothes at night are handy to have, and sleeping pads also help to protect the body from the cold ground.
- Bring insulated cups and mugs for everybody on the trip. This will ensure your hot chocolate stays extra hot when it’s chilly!
- Don’t forget the bug spray AND the sunscreen. The weather can be fickle in the Fall so make sure your prepared for anything!
- Don’t forget the s’mores! There’s nothing better than sitting around a warm campfire at night after a long day of autumn exploration with a delicious s’more in your hand.
For additional questions you can call 248-858-4929 or visit the Destination Oakland website.