Medical Main Street, powered by Oakland County, is seeking nominations for its 2014 “INNO-VATOR of the Year” award! This award honors the creators of a medical device which demonstrates the most dramatic change in the health care industry in Michigan.
“The INNO-VATOR of the Year award shines a spotlight on leading-edge medical technology that is being produced right here in our region,” Oakland County Executive L. Brooks Patterson said in a press release. Nominations are due September 5th.
To be considered for the award, the device must have been developed in Michigan, achieved prototype development and validation, and incorporate a game-changing innovation.
INNOVENTION 2014, a Medical Main Street Conference, will be held October 21st – 22nd at the Suburban Showplace in Novi, Michigan. The conference, with the Medical Main Street Network, builds valuable relationships and productive collaborations in the Southeast Michigan region and globally.
Medical Main Street was created in 2008 by L. Brooks Patterson along with the area’s leaders in health care, research and development, education and industry. INNO-VENTION 2013 attracted more than 600 health professionals, clinicians, investors and suppliers. A global audience of more than 95,000 people was reached through social media in the United States, Europe, Asia and Canada.
This year’s conference includes:
- Demonstration Alley exhibitors.
- Expanded Commercialization Competition.
- Michigan Economic Development Corp.’s Pure Michigan Business Connect – matchmaking with purchasing agents from major health care providers.
- Concurrent industry break-out sessions on Oct. 22.
- Networking reception on Oct. 21.
- The INNO-VATOR of the Year Award luncheon.
- Part of this year’s conference will also be live streamed
To learn more about the Medical Main Street initiative, how to get involved, and INNOVENTION 2014, visit www.MedicalMainStreet.org.