Oakland County is home to seven “u-cut” tree farms. Enjoy the holiday tradition of cutting your own tree whether it’s your first adventure or an annual tradition. Check out our interactive map and full list to find the best tree farm for you:
Before you head out to find your special tree, prepare yourself with these tree farm tips:
- Dress for the weather, and be prepared for snow.
- Check ahead for special events such as Santa visits, hayrides, hot cocoa and cider.
- Some farms may not accept credit or debit cards; call ahead or bring cash or checks just in case.
- Avoid tripping or falling by watching out for hidden stumps while walking on the farm.
- Prepare your home ahead of time to make sure your tree’s path inside is obstruction-free.
- Read through the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)’s comprehensive list of tree and decoration safety precautions to avoid hazards to your safety and property.
For more tips visit the Michigan Christmas Tree Association website here. Stay warm and have fun!
Do you have a favorite tree farm that’s missing from the list or map? Let us know via Facebook or Twitter, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or leaving a comment below.
Follow along with Oakland County on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube using #OaklandCounty, or visit our website for news and events year-round.
Residents celebrating Christmas can turn their annual tree trip into a family adventure inside the idyllic rural landscape of northern Oakland County. As the year comes to a close and Fall makes its final, blustery turn to Winter, there may be no better place to experience the seasonal change than among the fresh pines of a Christmas Tree Farm.
Oakland County’s award-winning GIS team has developed an interactive map to help residents find the perfect tree farm for a seasonal outing.
The Holiday season just isn’t complete without a big tree to decorate with ornaments collected throughout the years, blinking lights, and shining ribbon. If you’re on the hunt for that perfect Christmas pine, check out the farms in Oakland County offering fresh pre-cut and “u-cut” trees. Verify all hours and activities before you head out as they may be subject to change. Use this map as a guide: