There are more than 567, 900 veterans living in Michigan with more than 50,000 veterans calling Oakland County home. It is an honor to assist those who have served our country, and during May we celebrate Military Appreciation Month and pay tribute to all members of all military branches, including active-duty, reserves and retired.
In Oakland County, veterans can receive a variety of programs and services through Oakland County Veterans’ Services including:
- Resource fairs where veterans can pick up nonperishable food boxes, get health screenings and more.
- Transportation services to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Centers in Detroit and Ann Arbor
- Career counseling and job training with Oakland County Michigan Works!
- Free entry into any county park
- In-office and limited outreach appointments with veterans benefits counselors.
- Health services at our offices in Pontiac and Southfield, including our Nurse on Call program, which you can call at 1-800-848-5533 or email at email@example.com.
Our interactive map will help you find veterans-related events around the county, such as resource fairs and benefit claim assistance.
For more information, check out a complete list of veteran resources in Oakland County and visit Oakland County Veterans’ Services website and follow along for updates on programs, events, and news on Facebook and Instagram. Contact them directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 248-858-0785 (Pontiac) or 248-655-1250 (Troy) for further guidance or assistance.