Congratulations to the members of the Oakland Together 40 Under 40 Class of 2022!
The 10th 40 Under 40 class honors young professionals who live and/or work in Oakland County. These individuals exemplify Oakland Together—Oakland County Executive David Coulter’s vision for a community working together to leverage its strengths, address its challenges, and find value in working with regional partners.
Meet the Class of 2022:
Among the members are a pharmacy manager for cancer patients, a curator at a major educational institution, a senior community engagement specialist for a Medicaid and Medicare managed services provider, and a client partnership officer at a financial services firm.
This diverse group of exceptional individuals are leaders and entrepreneurs, activists and teachers. But overall, they are all passionate about their communities, successful in their careers and bound for great things in the future. They embody the Oakland Together message that blends talent, skill and excellence with a commitment to public service.-Oakland County Executive David Coulter
Approximately 125 candidates, born on or before Dec. 31, 1981, applied for the honor. A panel of independent judges selected the new class.
Below is a complete list of the members of the 40 Under 40 Class of 2022. They will be honored at a reception preceding Coulter’s State of the County address March 15, 2022.
- Kevin Adkisson, 32, Bloomfield Hills, Curator, Cranbrook Center for Collections and Research
- Sumaiya Ahmed Sheikh, 30, West Bloomfield, Executive Director, Oakland County Democratic Party
- Racheal Allen, 38, Farmington Hills, Chief Operating Officer, Marygrove Conservancy
- Mary C. Aretha, 32, Clawson, Attorney, Collins Einhorn Farrell PC
- David E.S. Bowman, 39, Sylvan Lake, Community Health Director, Saint Joseph Mercy Oakland
- Wisam Brikho, 37, Rochester Hills, Newcomer Student Services Coordinator, Oakland Schools; Athletic Coach, School District of the City of Pontiac
- Vernon Burden, 39, Farmington Hills, Assistant Principal, Lake Orion Community High School
- Elizabeth Crenshaw, 38, Pontiac, Sr. Community Engagement Specialist, Molina Healthcare
- Hon. Jacob James Cunningham, 36, Ferndale, Judge, Oakland County Circuit Court
- Javon R. David, 33, Birmingham, Attorney and Shareholder, Butzel Long
- Dr. Andrew DeHaan, 36, Waterford, Owner and Orthodontist, DeHaan Orthodontics
- Brittney K. Ellis, 29, of Davisburg, Attorney, The Kelly Firm
- Melissa Ford, 40, Lake Orion, Trail Manager, Paint Creek Trailways Commission
- Jennifer Forman, 35, Rochester Hills, Pharmacy Manager, Ascension St. John Hospital
- Katie Gandy, 31, Waterford, Sr. Community Engagement Specialist, Barton Malow
- Sara Gold, 39, Huntington Woods, Senior Director of Health and Basic Needs, United Way for Southeastern Michigan
- Kyle M. Hagan, 31, Oxford, Lieutenant, Orion Township Fire Department
- Adam G. Hamilton, 40, Oakland Twp., Clinical Director, Oakland Community Health Network
- Tylene Henry, 39, Beverly Hills, Owner and CEO, Ujima Services, LLC
- Lauren Herrin, 37, Bloomfield Twp., Associate Director, Jewish Community Relations Council/American Jewish Committee
- Jason Hoskins, 37, Southfield, City Councilman, City of Southfield
- Dr. Wing-Yue Geoffrey Louie, 33, Troy, Assistant Professor of Robotics, Oakland University
- Rep. Mari Manoogian, 29, Birmingham, State Representative, Michigan House of Representatives
- Dr. Anthony Marin, 35, Rochester, Senior Vice President & Chief Research Officer, Metro Detroit Youth Clubs
- Jordyn Najduk, 31, Highland Twp., Program Manager, Huron Valley Community Coalition
- Dan Pelchat, 39, South Lyon, Mayor of South Lyon and Field Technician for South Lyon Community Schools
- Angela N. Powell, 39, Pontiac, Commissioner, Oakland County Board of Commissioners
- Elizabeth Rivard-Weston, 35, Royal Oak, Workforce Development Specialist, Oakland County Michigan Works!
- Ashley Ross, 33, Oxford, Director of Programs, Michigan Humanities Council
- Hy Safran, 37, Director of Philanthropy, Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit & United Jewish Foundation
- Christopher Samp, 39, Troy, Director of the Office of Disability Affairs, City of Detroit
- Caleb Sheng, 39, Commerce Twp., Client Partnership Officer, Waldo Wealth Partners
- Ryan E. Smith, 38, Commerce Twp., Physical Education Teacher Leader, K-6 Electives Content Area Leader, and Athletics Coach, Novi Community School District
- Sara Stoddard, 39, Clarkston, Administrator Public Health, Oakland County Health Division
- Karmell Thomas, 36, Troy, Senior Manager Supplier Diversity, Eaton
- Shatoria Townsend, 29, Pontiac, Public Health Consultant, State of Michigan
- Thomas Van Koughnett II, 38, Holly, Forensic CODIS Analyst, Oakland County Sheriff’s Office
- Kelly Westbrook, 33, Metamora, Executive Director, Oxford DDA
- Kermit Williams, 39, Pontiac, Executive Director, Oakland Forward
- Adrienne Young, 34, Birmingham, Assistant Appellate Defender, Michigan Appellate Defender Office
Visit the Oakland Together 40 Under 40 website for more news and information on the program. Keep up with the class and join the conversation using #OaklandTogether40.