You don’t have to travel thousands of miles away to the ocean to visit the underwater world where sea creatures live. Take a trip to SEA LIFE Michigan Aquarium at Great Lakes Crossing Outlets in Auburn Hills.
Visitors can get up close and personal with playful seahorses, sharks, graceful rays, a rescued sea turtle named Benson, and so many more! Travel through the underwater ocean tunnel to see over 5,000 sea creatures without having to get your toes wet. The interactive touchpools features crab, sea stars, sea urchins, shrimp and more that are waiting to be explored.
Take a tour of SEA LIFE Michigan:
Did you know a sea star doesn’t have a brain or blood? Their nervous system is spread through their arms and their blood is filtered sea water! There are plenty of things to learn, see and do:
- Admire sea creatures up close including sharks, rays and tropical fish.
- Learn how you can make the oceans a better place through the “Breed. Rescue. Protect.” conservation program.
- View over 20 displays, 5,000 sea creatures and 120,000 gallons of water.
- Gaze at creatures swimming overhead in the 180-degree ocean tunnel.
- Take part in the interactive Touchpool Experience.
- Follow the “Dive Trail” with interactive quizzes and information.
This unique attraction is perfect for both the young and old with exciting interactions and learning opportunities.
By bringing the ocean and all its wonders to Oakland County, Sea Life Michigan inspires millions of guests to work toward preservation for future generations. Get out and explore all Oakland County has to offer with a trip to Sea Life Michigan Aquarium! Follow the aquarium on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for more information on events and specials.