As winter weather approaches, here are some great tips from the Michigan Humane Society on how to protect your pets during cold weather.
Here are some of our own tips too:
1. Dry your pets off when they come in wet from rain or snow
2. Keep pets hydrated
3. Feed your pets (pets who have been outdoors may require more food to stay nourished)
4. Check paws for cracked skin and ice build up
5. Have a blizzard storm plan that includes your pets in place
6. Locate a pet-friendly hotel in case you need to leave your home in an emergency
Remember, if it’s too cold for you outside, it’s too cold for your pet!