The Holiday season just isn’t complete without a big tree to decorate with ornaments collected throughout the years, blinking lights, and shining ribbon. If you’re on the hunt for that perfect Christmas evergreen, check out the farms in Oakland County offering fresh pre-cut and “u-cut” trees. Verify all hours and activities before you head out as they may be subject to change. List updated 12/16/22. Use this map as a guide:
Hodgson Tree Farm
5461 Whipple Lake Rd., Clarkston, MI
Rattalee Lake Tree Farm
7650 Rattalee Lake Rd., Clarkston, MI
Broadview Christmas Tree Farm
4380 N Hickory Ridge Rd., Highland, MI
Huff’s Tree Farm
1500 W Wardlow Rd., Highland, MI 48357
Middle Road Christmas Tree Farm
4235 Middle Rd., Highland, MI
Stanczyk Tree Farm
7355 Fish Lake Rd Holly, MI 48442
Addison-Oaks Christmas Tree Farm
355 Lake George Rd., Oakland, MI
Candy Cane Christmas Tree Farm
4780 Seymour Lake Rd., Oxford, MI
Some things to keep in mind if you decide to cut your own tree:
- Dress warm and be prepared for snow, because you never know what Michigan weather has in store.
- Be sure to check ahead to see if there will be any special events at the tree farm, such as Santa visits, hayrides, hot cocoa and cider.
- Some farms may not accept credit or debit cards so call ahead or bring cash or checks just in case.
- Be careful when walking through fields to avoid falling or tripping on hidden stumps.
- Prepare your home for a tree by moving all obstacles that inhibit the tree from being brought in.
- Water live trees at least once, sometimes twice a day, to keep it fresh and avoid accidental fires.
- Most importantly, take lots of photos and have fun!
For more tips visit the Michigan Christmas Tree Association website here. Stay warm and have fun!
Visit the Oakland County website for more information. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Pinterest for more ways to have fun in Oakland County year round!