Looking for a way to part with extra or leftover Halloween candy? Donate it to Treats for Troops as a sweet way to pay it forward with this year’s extra Halloween haul! As part of its 13th annual “Treats for Troops” collection, the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office is accepting individually wrapped, non-chocolate candy to send thanks, encouragement, and sweets to our troops overseas.
Individually wrapped, non-chocolate candy may be dropped off between Tuesday, Nov. 1 and Friday, Nov. 4 by 5 p.m. each day at the following Sheriff’s Office locations:
- Headquarters, 1200 N. Telegraph Rd., Building 38E, Pontiac, 48341
- Brandon Twp. Substation, 15 South St., Ortonville, 48462
- Commerce Twp. Substation, 2401 Glengary, Commerce Twp., 48390
- Highland Twp. Substation, 165 N. John St., Highland Twp., 48356
- Independence Twp. Substation, 6560 Citation Drive, Independence Twp., 48346
- Orion Twp. Substation, 2525 Joslyn Road, Lake Orion, 48360
- Oxford Twp. Substation, 310 Dunlap Rd., Oxford, 48371
- Rochester Hills Substation, 750 Barclay Circle, Rochester Hills, 48307
If you’d like to know more about “Treats for Troops” and other Oakland County Sheriff’s Office community outreach initiatives, visit their website, like them on Facebook, or follow them on Twitter. For questions, please contact Sheriff’s Community Liaison, Mandy Ford at email@example.com.