Get ready to fish—the 8th Annual ART FISH FUN Festival is back in person on Saturday, June 11th, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Beaudette Park, located at 786 Orchard Lake Road in Pontiac. The festival is a free, public event that provides art, environmental education, and activities for everyone. Plus, there’s a free barbecue lunch for participants.
Each year, the festival kicks off with a park cleanup. Collectively, this event has removed over 2,000 pounds of debris from the park since it first began in 2014. The day is packed full of excitement with a large variety of events for families to participate in, including:
- Fishing with the Oakland County Water Resources Commissioner, Jim Nash
- 100 River Day t-shirts giveaway, sponsored by Clinton River Watershed Council
- Tie-dying station for River Day shirts, sponsored by Clinton River Watershed Council
- Jumping in bounce houses, sponsored by Pure Oakland Water
- Carnival games, sponsored by Michigan State Fair
- Mini festival by Oakland County Parks and Recreation
- Cardboard fish collage, sponsored by The Art Experience
- Painting a rain barrel that will be raffled away, sponsored by Michigan Rain Barrel
- Using super soakers to learn about soil erosion and storm drains, sponsored by Oakland County WRC
- And more!
Join Commissioner Nash at 1 p.m. for a free barbecue lunch including ribs, pulled pork sandwiches, hot dogs, and ice cream for dessert.
ART FISH FUN was first held in honor of the Clinton River Watershed Council River Day, with the purpose of bringing the community together through arts and crafts to celebrate and raise awareness about environmental education. Year after year, the festival has continued to grow, incorporating additional environmental-related activities.
This festival is largely made possible by its sponsors which include, the Oakland County Water Resources Commissioner’s office, Pure Oakland Water, The Art Experience, Clinton River Watershed Council, and the City of Pontiac.
Visit www.artfishfunfestival.com to learn more about the activities and the event’s partners.