Oakland County is home to seven “u-cut” tree farms. Enjoy the holiday tradition of cutting your own tree whether it’s your first adventure or an annual tradition. Check out our interactive map and full list to find the best tree farm for you:
Before you head out to find your special tree, prepare yourself with these tree farm tips:
- Dress for the weather, and be prepared for snow.
- Check ahead for special events such as Santa visits, hayrides, hot cocoa and cider.
- Some farms may not accept credit or debit cards; call ahead or bring cash or checks just in case.
- Avoid tripping or falling by watching out for hidden stumps while walking on the farm.
- Prepare your home ahead of time to make sure your tree’s path inside is obstruction-free.
- Read through the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)’s comprehensive list of tree and decoration safety precautions to avoid hazards to your safety and property.
For more tips visit the Michigan Christmas Tree Association website here. Stay warm and have fun!