If you’re looking for a way to get rid of extra Halloween candy, the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office is accepting individually wrapped, non-chocolate candy as part of its 9th annual “Treats for Troops” collection to send thanks, encouragement, and sweets to our troops overseas. Sheriff Michael Bouchard also encourages parents and children wishing to participate to include notes (thank you, holiday, etc.) to the troops with the donation. “Treats for Troops is a great way parents can participate in a community service project with their kids while showing our troops we support them back home,” said Sheriff Michael Bouchard.
Schools also have the chance to donate. The Sheriff’s Office will also accept school candy donations that are delivered to their office headquarters by 4:00 p.m. on November 5th.
Individually wrapped, non-chocolate candy can be donated at the following Oakland County Sheriff’s Office locations:
- Headquarters | 1200 N. Telegraph Rd., Building 38E, Pontiac, 48341
- Brandon Twp. Substation, 15 South St., Ortonville, 48462
- Commerce Twp. Substation, 2401 Glengary, Commerce Twp., 48390
- Highland Twp. Substation, 165 N. John St., Highland Twp., 48356
- Independence Twp. Substation, 6560 Citation Drive, Independence Twp., 48346
- Orion Twp. Substation, 2525 Joslyn Road, Lake Orion, 48360
- Oxford Twp. Substation, 310 Dunlap Rd., Oxford, 48371
- Rochester Hills Substation, 750 Barclay Circle, Rochester Hills, 48307