Summer has nearly arrived! Speaking of: What’s a better way for a Michigander to spend a few days of their summer than visiting local car shows? Get ready to leap into a world of family-friendly automobile events while Cruising Southeastern Michigan. Summer is the perfect time for exciting experiences!
As the birthplace of the automobile industry, Michigan’s car scene is always busy. However, during the summertime, Oakland County becomes the crown jewel of hot rod and historic car events. From the weekly Holly Car Show, to the exciting and annual Woodward Dream Cruise, the county is rumbling with the sound of cars all summer long. Visit shows to learn about iconic cars, or go to cruises to watch the automobiles in action.
All Summer Long
In addition to the weekly happenings, over 25 yearly car shows and cruises are scheduled for the summer of 2018 in Oakland County and other nearby communities. Luckily, everyone should have the opportunity to attend as many events as they would like.
- May is here with five events, from the 39th Annual Festival of Cars at Rochester Municipal Park, to the Cars and Coffee event in Dearborn.
- June has a full schedule with nine car shows and cruises, like the Mount Clemens Cruise, or the 30th Annual Michigan Widetrackers Dust-Off Event at Springfield Oaks County Park in Davisburg.
- July sees a lull in the action with three scheduled events, including the DPC Motor City Fest in Canterbury Village.
- August ramps up the volume with a grand total of ten events, with the famous Woodward Dream Cruise being the most prominent. If you prefer smaller showings, check out Car and Drivers Cars and Coffee in Pontiac, or the 8th Annual Michigan Veterans Car Show in Sterling Heights.
- September and October wrap up the season with a single event each month: the Old Car Festival in Greenfield Village during September, and the Annual Fall Festival in Clawson City Park in October.
If you would like to learn more about this summer’s events, visit our in-depth schedule of events this summer on the Cruising Southeastern Michigan page in the Things to Do section of our website. There, you will find the exact name, time, and location of each event.