Helping you find the best of the best Oakland County holiday light displays
One of the best ways to get into the holiday spirit is to enjoy all of the beautiful, glimmering holiday lights that fill the streets of Oakland County, Michigan. Whether you want to show off your decked-out property, or take a drive and visit the best of the best holiday light displays, the new Oakland County Crowdsourced Holiday Lights Map is here to deliver. How does it work? Individuals can submit their Oakland County holiday decorated properties to the Oakland County Crowdsourced Holiday Lights Map and once approved, the homes & businesses will show up on the map for users to visit in person.
The first submissions to the map are absolute crowd pleasers!
Auburn Hills: Our Dancing Lights
Our Dancing Lights is located at 3111 Paramount Lane in Auburn Hills. The gorgeous light display is choreographed to the beat of holiday music. Enjoy the music and lights from the comfort of your car by tuning into 91.3 FM. Our Dancing Lights is open for visitors to enjoy on Sundays – Thursdays, from 5 p .m. – 10 p.m., and Friday – Saturdays, from 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. until January 6th, 2018. For more information, visit Our Dancing Lights on Facebook and check out their website.
Lake Orion: Lights on the Lake
Lights on the Lake started in 2015 and is located at 439 Shady Oaks Street in Lake Orion. The light display contains approximately 15,000 LED lights synchronized to holiday music on 91.3 FM for viewers to enjoy from the comfort of their car. Lights on the Lake is open daily from 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. Donations are optional and will benefit the Daisy Project Michigan, specifically the “Let Them Play” playground and all-inclusive baseball field at Friendship Park in Lake Orion. For more information, visit Lights on the Lake on Facebook
Rochester: The Big, Bright Light Show 2017
Waterford: My Light Show
My Light Show is located at 2651 Hills Circle in Waterford. The animated high tech charity light show is synced to music broadcasted on 100.7 FM so that visitors can park, tune in, and sit back in the comfort of their own car to enjoy the show. My Light Show is open to enjoy on Sundays – Thursdays, from 5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m., and Friday – Saturdays, from 5:30 p.m. – 11 p.m. Donations are optional and can be placed in the cash dropbox at the curb to support the Michigan Humane Society. For more information, visit My Light Show on Facebook and check out their website.
Join in on the fun and enter your own property into the Oakland County Crowdsourced Holiday Lights Map by following the instructions below:
- Visit the Oakland County Crowdsourced Holiday Lights Map webpage.
- Press the + Submit Your Light Display button on the top right corner of the webpage.
- Upload a picture of your decorated property, the title of your holiday display, your address, and a description of what visitors should expect to see.
- Submissions without a photo will not be accepted.
- Only submit photos of your own property and be aware that by uploading your submission, you are encouraging people to visit your property.
- Press the Accept Terms and Submit.
- All submissions will go through an approval process before showing up on the Oakland County Crowdsourced Holiday Lights Map.
- That’s it, you are done! Wait a few hours and check back to view your property on the first-ever, Oakland County Holiday Lights Map.
Are you looking to just enjoy the myriad of holiday lights in Oakland County? Fill up your mugs with hot cocoa and visit the Oakland County Crowdsourced Holiday Map to find the best of the best Oakland County decorated properties near you.