Residents celebrating Christmas can turn their annual tree trip into a family adventure inside the idyllic rural landscape of northern Oakland County. As the year comes to a close and Fall makes its final, blustery turn to Winter, there may be no better place to experience the seasonal change than among the fresh pines of a Christmas Tree Farm.
Tree Farm Tips
- Dress for the weather and be prepared for snow
- Check ahead for special events, such as Santa visits, hayrides, hot cocoa and cider
- Some farms may not accept credit or debit cards; call ahead or bring cash or checks just in case
- Avoid tripping or falling by watching out for hidden stumps while walking on the farm
- Prepare your home ahead of time to make sure your tree’s path inside is obstruction-free
- Read through the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)‘s comprehensive list of tree and decoration safety precautions to avoid hazards to your safety and property
- Most importantly — take lots of photos and have fun!
Do you have a favorite tree farm? We’d love to know! Share it with us in the comments below. If your favorite tree farm missing from our list, send us an email and let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.