Looking to do something sweet this Halloween? The Oakland County Sheriff’s Office is accepting candy Wednesday, November 1st through Friday, November 3rd as part of its 8th annual “Treats for Troops” drive.
“Treats for Troops” is an opportunity for members of the community to donate their Halloween candy to the U.S. servicemen and women overseas. Parents and children interested in participating are also encouraged to write notes thanking them for their service or giving season’s greetings.
Does “Treats for Troops” sound like a good fit for students at your school? The Sheriff’s Office will also accept school candy donations that are delivered to the Sheriff’s Office headquarters by 4pm on November 3rd.
Individually wrapped, non-chocolate candy may be donated at the following Oakland County Sheriff’s Office locations:
- Headquarters, 1200 N. Telegraph Rd., Building 38E, Pontiac, 48341
- Brandon Twp. Substation, 15 South St., Ortonville, 48462
- Commerce Twp. Substation, 2401 Glengary, Commerce Twp., 48390
- Highland Twp. Substation, 165 N. John St., Highland Twp., 48356
- Independence Twp. Substation, 6560 Citation Drive, Independence Twp., 48346
- Orion Twp. Substation, 2525 Joslyn Road, Lake Orion, 48360
- Oxford Twp. Substation, 310 Dunlap Rd., Oxford, 48371
- Rochester Hills Substation, 750 Barclay Circle, Rochester Hills, 48307
If you’d like to know more about Treats for Troops and other Community Outreach Initiatives of the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office, visit their website, like them on Facebook, or follow them on Twitter.