The newly selected Elite 40 Under 40 Class of 2016 met for the first time at a special reception at the 2016 State of the County on February 10th, 2016. The class was then recognized in Oakland County Executive L. Brooks Patterson’s Address.
“This is our fifth Elite 40 class and every year seems to get stronger. The future of Oakland County and the region is extremely bright if we can retain the talented young minds we have in this class.”
The members of the 2016 Oakland County Executive’s Elite 40 Under 40 class are:
- Andrew Androff, Co-owner and Director of Marketing, Professional Movers.com, 37
- Ethan Baker, Attorney/Owner, Law Offices of Ethan D. Baker, 36
- Brian Birney, President & CMO, The Birney Directive, 35
- Kathleen Borschke, Senior Account Director, The Fulkerson Group, 35
- Christopher Brower, Director, Marketing and Strategic Planning, Aluminum Blanking Co., 35
- Amelia Brown, Leadership Development Consultant, Consumers Energy, 32
- Jeanette Brown, Co-Founder and COO, Dutton Farm, 31
- Jeffrey Campbell, Assistant City Manager, City of Hazel Park, 37
- Laura Casai, Director of Interior Design, TMP Architecture, Inc., 32
- Nathan Conway, CEO, Fortis Energy Services, Inc., 38
- Clarence Dass, Assistant Prosecuting Attorney, Oakland County Prosecutor’s Office, 30
- Kelli Dobner, Chief Development Officer, Judson Center, 36
- Florence Doo, Founder/CEO, Surgerati, LLC, 26
- Daniel Dumas, Lieutenant, Waterford Regional Fire Dept., 35
- Michelle Elder, Business Development Manager, Michigan Economic Development Corp., 36
- Christopher Fitzmaurice, President, Teddy’s Ts and Buttons, 32
- Napoleon Harrington, Founder/Therapist, Ambassador Counseling & Resource Group, 36
- Kathryn Katz, Partner, Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn LLP, 32
- Erin Klug, Partner, Dinsmore & Shohl LLP, 31
- Kathleen Logan, Regional Coordinator, Michigan Veteran Affairs Agency, 33
- Andrew Magnus, President, Bright Side Markets, 33
- Christopher Martella, Attorney, Kemp Klein Law Firm, 37
- Erik Meier, Founder/CEO, EAM Consulting Group/Sandler Training, 33
- Nick Moroz, CTO and Co-founder, Detroit Materials, Inc., 32
- Talisa Norton, Co-Owner/ COO, All Pro Color, 36
- Alison Orlans, President and CEO, Orlans Group, 36
- Suzanne Perreault, DDA Executive Director, Village of Lake Orion, 33
- Phillip Pittman, Principal, Keith Elementary, Walled Lake Consolidated School District, 38
- Robert Ray, Senior Wealth Strategy Associate, UBS Financial Services Inc., 36
- Jonathan Schwartz, Attorney, Seyburn Kahn, P.C., 33
- Reese Serra, Attorney and Counselor, Serra Legal, PC, 31
- Rachel Smith, Patent Attorney, Brooks Kushman, 32
- DeAnte Thompkins, Workforce Development Technician, Michigan Dept. of Transportation, 27
- Doug Tietz, Senior Advisor, Congressman Dave Trott, 35
- Theresa Tran, Executive Director, Asian & Pacific Islander American Vote – Michigan, 31
- Jordan Twardy, Executive Director, Eight Mile Boulevard Association (8MBA), 29
- Sachin Varma, Director, Health Alliance Plan, 37
- Andrea Walker-Leidy, Community Relations Coordinator, Crittenton Home Care, 33
- Linda Williams, Economic & Community Engagement Supervisor, City of Madison Heights, 38
- Ali Woerner, Assistant Professor of Dance, Oakland University, 38
Nearly 450 applications and nominations for the Oakland County Executive’s Elite 40 Under 40 program were reviewed by a panel of judges. The judges looked for the top 40 young professionals and thought leaders who live or work in Oakland County. The honorees have achieved excellence in their field and contributed to the quality of life in their communities. Of that group, the three highest scoring candidates, Jeanette “Jenny” Brown, Nick Moroz, and Ali Woerner were placed before the public for consideration. With over 4,000 votes cast, Ali Woerner was selected as the 2016 Elite 40 Under 40 Winner.
“We went through scores of applications, write ups and testimonials and we think the whole class is superb and the top three are outstanding,” County Executive L. Brooks Patterson said.
During the Elite 40 reception before the Oakland County State of the County, the class was able to mingle with each other and meet with L. Brooks Patterson. Smiles and excitement were abundant as members met one another to discuss their work, achievements, and Oakland County.
This is the 5th Class, for a total of 200 of the best and brightest leaders in Oakland County; view previous classes on The EDCA’s Website. Oakland County Executive L. Brooks Patterson started the program in 2012 to honor young professionals and thought leaders who excel in their field and have demonstrated dynamic leadership.
In addition to the State of the County Elite 40 Reception and Recognition, members of the class will receive a number of prestigious opportunities throughout the year. Congratulations to the entire Oakland County Executive’s 2016 Elite 40 Under 40 class!